Research Interests: Physical Oceanography, Wave and Tidal Motions, Shelf Dynamics and Circulation, Strait Dynamics and Outflows from Straits, Oceanic and Atmospheric Modelling
Academic Staff Roster:
- PhD. 1977, University of Florida, Coastal and Oceanographic Engineering Laboratory, Engineering Sciences Department, Gainesville, Florida
- M.Sc. 1974, University of Miami, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, Ocean Engineering Department, Coral Gables, Florida
- B.Sc. 1972, Civil Engineering, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Georgiou, S., Mantziafou, A., Sofianos, S., Gertman, I., Özsoy, E., Somot, S., Vervatis, V., 2015. Climate variability and deep-water mass characteristics in the Aegean Sea, Atmospheric Research 152, 146-158.
- Gündüz, M., Özsoy, E., 2014. Modelling Seasonal Circulation and Thermohaline Structure of the Caspian Sea, Ocean Sci., 10, 459-471.
- Özsoy, E., Iorio, D.D., Gregg, M.C., Backhaus, J.A., 2001. Mixing in the Bosphorus Strait and the Black Sea continental shelf: observations and a model of the dense water outflow. Journal of Marine Systems 31, 99-135.
- Emin, Ö., Ünlüata, Ü., 1997. Oceanography of the Black Sea: a review of some recent results. Earth-Science Reviews 42, 231-272
- Murray, J.W., Top, Z., Özsoy, E., 1991. Hydrographic properties and ventilation of the Black Sea. Deep Sea Research Part A. Oceanographic Research Papers 38, S663-S689