Research Interests: Marine Geophysics, Sedimentology, Seafloor Investigation, Operational Oceanography
- Post-Doc. 2010-2012, Marine Geosciences, Haifa University, Israel
- Ph.D. 2008, Marine Geology and Geophysics, Institute of Marine Sciences, METU, TÜRKİYE
- M.Sc. 2001, Marine Geology and Geophysics, Institute of Marine Sciences, METU, TÜRKİYE
- B.Sc. 1998, Geophysical Engineering, Ankara University, TÜRKİYE
Marine Geophysics, Sedimentology, Seafloor Investigation, Operational Oceanography
- Lead organizer of 2nd National Congress of Marine Sciences, Ankara (2016)
- Coordination of setting-up of distributed observatory networks within DEKOSIM project
- Contributed to the integration of METU-IMS to European database efforts (Seadatanet, Emodnet and precedents)
- Deputy director of METU CLIMATE - Climate Change and Sustainable Development Application and Research Center
- Dorrell, R.M., Peakall, J., Darby, S.E., Parsons, D.R., Johnson, J., Sumner, E.J., Wynn, R.B., Özsoy, E., Tezcan, D. (2019). Self-sharpening induces jet-like structure in seafloor gravity currents. Nature Communications: 10(1), 1381. DOI: 10.1038/s41467-019-09254-2
- Dorrell RM, Peakall J, Sumner EJ, Tezcan D. et al. (2016). Flow dynamics and mixing processes in hydraulic jump arrays: Implications for channel-lobe transition zones. Marine Geology 381, 181-193.
- Okyar, Mahmut; Yilmaz, Sedat; Tezcan, Devrim; et al. (2013). Continuous resistivity profiling survey in Mersin Harbour, Northeastern Mediterranean Sea. Marine Geophysical Research 34, 127-136.
- Okyar, Mahmut; Pinar, Ali; Tezcan, Devrim; et al. (2008). Late quaternary seismic stratigraphy and active faults of the Gulf of Izmit (NE Marmara Sea). Marine Geophysical Research 29, 89-107.
- Tezcan D, Okyar M (2006). Seismic stratigraphy of Late Quaternary deposits on the continental shelf of Antalya Bay, Northeastern Mediterranean. Continental Shelf Research 26, 1595-1616.