Research Interests: Chemical Oceanography, Microplastics, Ocean Acidification, Biogeochemistry, Biogeochemical Sensors
- Ph.D., (2018 - Ongoing), Department of Oceanography, METU-IMS, Mersin, TÜRKİYE
- M.Sc., 2018, Department of Oceanography, METU-IMS, Mersin, TÜRKİYE
- B.Sc., 2007, Chemical Engineering, METU, Ankara, TÜRKİYE
Thesis Title: M.Sc. Thesis Title: Temporal - Spatial Distributions and Degradation of Bisphenol A in Marine and Freshwaters in Turkey, Department of Oceanography, Institute of Marine Sciences, Middle East Technical University, Mersin, TURKEY
TUBİTAK Project: Assessment of Carbon dioxide (CO2) and Acidification Levels in Turkish Seas
As a project assistant: My objective in the research project is describing and estimating the flux of CO2 between the ocean surface and the atmosphere in the Eastern Mediterranean Sea and to gain a better understanding of which physical and biological mechanisms drive CO2 temporal and spatial fluctuations.
- Ozhan, K., & Kocaman, E. (2019). Temporal and Spatial Distributions of Bisphenol A in Marine and Freshwaters in Turkey. Archives of environmental contamination and toxicology, 76(2), 246-254. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00244-018-00594-6
- Kocaman, E., & Ozhan, K. (2019). Degradation of Bisphenol A in Natural and Artificial Marine and Freshwaters in Turkey. Bulletin of environmental contamination and toxicology, 103(3), 496-500. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-019-02680-4
PROJECTS and CONFERENCES
- TUBİTAK Project: Assessment of CO2 and Acidification Levels in Eastern Mediterranea Sea (May 2018 – Nov 2020). Role: research assistant. Contribute: cruise participation, laboratory analysis, outreach activities. My scientific interest: Describing and estimating the flux of CO2 between the ocean
- TUBİTAK Project: Impacts of Microplastic Particles and Bisphenol A as a Chemical Additive on Zooplankton Species in the Mersin Bay (09/2016 – 09/2019). Role: research assistant. Contribute: cruise participation, laboratory analysis, outreach activities. My scientific interest: Understanding the current stage of microplastics and BPA pollution in Mersin Bay and to help evaluate other parts of our seas via risk assessments.
- Ecological Campus: Biological Diversity of METU Erdemli Campus. METU Internal Project. (METU BAP- 08-11-2017-018) (2017-2018): Role: a participant. Contribute: field survey participation. My scientific interest: Investigating the existence, distribution and abundance of natural living things on campus by using ecological monitoring methods.
- 3rd National Marine Science Conference, Izmir, 09-12.05.2018: Role: scientist. Contribute: Poster Presentation: My scientific interest: Bisphenol A concentration in the time series in Marine and Freshwaters and in many stations in Turkey, quantification by HPLC