Research Interests: Marine Ecology, Marine Litter and Microplastics, MSFD, Invasive Species
- Ph.D. 1991, Port Erin Marine Laboratory (Isle of Man) University of Liverpool, U.K.
- M.Sc. 1987, Marine Biology & Fisheries, METU-IMS, TÜRKİYE
- B.Sc. 1983, Biology, Selcuk University, Konya, TÜRKİYE
- Medal from the intergovernmental Commission on the Protection of the Black Sea Against Pollution (for the accomplishments done towards protecting the Black Sea ecosystem)
- 164th place among Turkish scientists ranking by www.webometrics.info/en/node/72 based on GoogleScholar information for May 2015
- Among the top %20 of best performing member of staff in METU for the years 2001, 2003, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Jovanović, B., Gökdağ, K., Güven, O., Emre, Y., Whitley, E.M., Kideys, A.E. 2018. Virgin microplastics are not causing imminent harm to fish after dietary exposure. Marine Pollution Bulletin 130, pp. 123-131. DOI: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2018.03.016
- Kideys A.E., A. Roohi, E. Eker-Develi, F. Melin, D. Beare 2008. Increased Chlorophyll Levels in the Southern Caspian Sea Following an Invasion of Jellyfish. Research Letters in Ecology, Volume 2008, Article ID 185642, 4 pages, doi:10.1155/2008/185642.
- Eker-Develi E., A. E. Kideys & S. Tugrul 2006. The role of Saharan dust on phytoplankton dynamics in the northeastern Mediterranean. Marine Ecology Progress Series 314: 61-75.
- Kideys A.E., A. Roohi, S. Bagheri, G. Finenko, L. Kamburska 2005. Impacts of Invasive Ctenophores on the Fisheries of the Black Sea and Caspian Sea. Oceanography-Black Sea Special Issue, 18(2):76-85
- Kideys A.E. 2002. Fall and rise of the Black Sea ecosystem. Science 297(5586): 1482-1484.