Research Interests: Fisheries biology and management, marine mammals and acoustics, conservation biology and invasive species.
- Ph.D. 1991. Marine Biology and Fisheries, METU-IMS, TÜRKİYE
- M.Sc. 1987. Marine Biology and Fisheries, METU-IMS, TÜRKİYE
- B.Sc. 1983. Biological Oceanography, Ege University, TÜRKİYE
- Libralato, S, Colloca, F., Gücü, A.C, Maravelias, C.D, Solidoro, C., Villasante, S., Cardinale, M. 2018. Editorial: Challenges and opportunities for the EU common fisheries policy application in the Mediterranean and Black Sea. Frontiers in Marine Science 5(AUG), 299. DOI: 10.3389/fmars.2018.00299
- Gucu A.C., Genç, Y, Dagtekin, M., Sakınan, S., Ak, O., Ok, M., Aydın, I. 2017. On Black Sea Anchovy and Its Fishery. Reviews in Fisheries Science & Aquaculture. DOI: 10.1080/23308249.2016.1276152
- Gucu, A. C., Inanmaz, Ö. E., Ok, M. and Sakinan, S. 2016. Recent changes in the spawning grounds of Black Sea anchovy, Engraulis encrasicolus. Fisheries Oceanography, 25: 67–84. doi: 10.1111/fog.12135
- Gucu, A.C, Ok, M. and Sakınan, S. 2010. Past and present of fish fauna in the NE Levant Sea and factor facilitating the colonization by Lessepsian fishes. EastMed Report of the Sub-Regional Technical meeting on the Lessepsian migration and its impact on Eastern Mediterranean fishery. GCP/INT/041/EC – GRE – ITA/TD-04, pp. 88-108.
- Gucu A.C, Ok M., and Sakinan S., 2009. A survey of the critically endangered Mediterranean monk seal, Monachus monachus (Hermann, 1779) along the coast of Northern Cyprus. Israel Journal of Ecology & Evolution, Vol. 55, 2009, pp. 77–82.