Research Interests: Fisheries Biology, Fish Stock Assessment, Fish Population Dynamics, Marine Biology
Academic Staff Roster:
- PhD. 1978, Christian Albrechts University, Institute of Oceanography Kiel, GERMAN
- B.Sc. 1973, Christian Albrechts University, Institute of Oceanography Kiel, GERMANY
- Acted as Director of METU Institute of Marine Sciences and founder of Marine Biology and Fisheries program at METU- IMS
- Expedition leader in many cruises in the Black Sea, Marmara and the Mediterranean and created protocols for fishery science that are being still used today
- Niermann, U., Bingel, F., Ergün, G., Greve, W., 1998. Fluctuation of dominant mesozooplankton species in the Black Sea, North Sea and Baltic Sea: Is a general trend recognisable?, T. J. of Zoology 22, 63-81.
- Enzenrob, R., Enzenrob, L., Bingel, F., 1997. Occurrence of blue crab, Callinectes sapidus (RATHBUN, 1896) Crustacea, Brachyura) at the Turkish Mediterranean and the adjacent Aegean coast and its size distribution in the Bay of İskenderun, T. J. of Zoology 21, 113-122.
- Mutlu, E., Bingel, F., Gücü, A.C., Melnikov, V., Niermann, U., Ostr, N.A., Zaika, V.E., 1994. Distribution of the new invaderMnemiopsis sp. and the resident Aurelia aurita and Pleurobrachia pileus populations in the Black Sea in the years 1991-1993, ICES Journal of Marine Science 51, 407-421.
- Gücü, A.C., Bingel, F., 1994. Trawlable species assemblage on the continental shelf of the north-eastern Levant Sea (Mediterranean) with an emphasis on Lessepsian migration, Acta Adriatica 35, 83-100.
- Niermann, U., Bingel, F., Gorban, A., Gordina, A., Gücü, A.C., Kıdeyş, A.E., Konsulov, A., Radu, G., Subbotin, A., Zaika, V. E., 1993. Distribution of anchovy eggs and larvae (Engraulis encrasicolus CUV.) in the Black Sea in 1991 and 1992, ICES Journal of Marine Science 51, 395-406.