Research Interests: Aquatic ecology, fish ecology, fish biodiversity, geographic variation, molecular systematics, food webs, sea turtles.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com.tr/citations?user=NnZoWXUAAAAJ&hl=en
- Doctor of Philosophy: Hacettepe University, Institute of Science, Department of Hydrobiology, Turkey 2011 – 2017.
- Masters of Science: Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, Institute of Science, Department of Biology, Turkey 2008 – 2010.
- Bachelors of Science: Kahramanmaraş Sütçü İmam University, Faculty of Science and Letters, Department of Biology, Turkey 2004 – 2008.
- Associate’s Degree: Anadolu University, Geographic Information Systems, Turkey 2018 – 2020
- Project Coordinator, EU Project, The Research of Biological Elements for the River Basins of Susurluk, Konya and Meriç-Ergene within the Framework of the Technical Assistance for The Conversion of River Basin Action Plans into River Basin Management Plans (2017-2019)
- Project Consultant, Hacettepe Technokent (2017-2018)
- Research Assistant, Hacettepe University, Institute of Science (2011-2017)
- Research Assistant, Ağrı İbrahim Çeçen University, Biology Department (2010-2011)
- Korkmaz, M., Mangıt, F., & Yerli, S. V. High incidence of external anomalies in an endangered fish species. Journal of Fish Biology. (Under review, Corresponding author)
- Yılmaz G., Çolak M.A., Özgencil İ.K., Metin M., Korkmaz M., (..), Özkan K. , Akyürek Z., Beklioğlu M. & Jeppesen E. (2021). Decadal changes in size, salinity, waterbirds and fish in lakes in the Konya Closed Basin, Turkey, coinciding with climate change and increasing water abstraction for agriculture. Inland Waters, DOI: 10.1080/20442041.2021.1924034
- 3. Mangit, F. Korkmaz, M. & Yerli, S. V. (2018). Morphological variation of pumpkinseed (Lepomis gibbosus) with emphasis on allometry. Turkish Journal of Zoology, 42(1), 53-61.
- Korkmaz, M., Mangıt, F. & Yerli, S. V. (2017). Main growth parameters of a threatened species Chondrostoma holmwoodii (Boulenger, 1896) from Tahtalı Reservoir, İzmir, Turkey. Journal of Limnology and Freshwater Fisheries Research, 3(3), 137-142. (Corresponding author)
- Yerli, S. V., Korkmaz, M., & Mangıt, F. (2016). Length–length and length–weight relationships for four endemic Cyprinid species in Küçük Menderes River Basin, Turkey. Journal of Applied Ichthyology, 32(5), 991-993. (Corresponding author)
- Yerli, S. V., Korkmaz, M. & Mangit. F. (2016). Biological assessment by a fish-based index of biotic integrity for Turkish inland waters. Pages 91–97 in W. W. Taylor, D. M. Bartley, C. I. Goddard, N. J. Leonard, and R. Welcomme, editors. Freshwater, fish and the future: proceedings of the global cross-sectoral conference. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome; Michigan State University, East Lansing; and American Fisheries Society, Bethesda, Maryland. (Book Section)
- Korkmaz M. & Kara C. (2014). Evaluation of Eicosapentaenoic and Docosahexaenoic Acid Values of Trout Species Distributed in Turkey, Journal of Academic Documents for Fisheries and Aquaculture 3:155-159. (Corresponding author)