Research Interests: Community Ecology, Aquatic Ecology, Avian Ecology, Biodiversity
Academic Staff Roster: https://staffroster.metu.edu.tr/my_staff_roster.php?ssn=MjUyMzM4
- Ph.D. 2013, Ecoinformatics and Biodiversity, Aarhus University, Denmark
- M.Sc. 2008, Limnology, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- B.Sc. 2005, Biology, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
Community Ecology, Aquatic Ecology, Avian Ecology, Biodiversity
Co-authored 14 manuscripts, several scientiﬁc reports and various presentations
Conducted several ﬁeldworks on arctic lakes, experimental limnology (mesocosms), ecosystem monitoring and avifauna in Turkey, Denmark, Greenland, Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea.
Accomplished scuba diver, birdwatcher and nature photographer.
- Özkan K, Jeppsesen E, Bjerring RB, Johansson LS, Davidson TA, Søndergaard M, Lauridsen TL, Svenning JC. 2016. Long-term trends and temporal synchrony in lake plankton richness, diversity and biomass driven by re-oligotrophication and climate across 17 Danish Lakes. Water. 8, 427.
- Özkan K, Jeppsesen E, Davidson TA, Søndergaard M, Lauridsen TL, Bjerring RB, Johansson LS, Svenning JC. 2014. Cross-taxon congruence in lake plankton largely independent of environmental gradients. Ecology. 95, 2778-2788.
- Özkan K, Svenning JC, Jeppsesen E. 2013. Environmental species sorting dominates forest-bird community assembly across scales. Journal of Animal Ecology. 82, 266-274.
- Özkan K, Jeppesen E, Søndergaard M, Lauridsen TL, Liboriussen L, Svenning JC. 2013. Contrasting roles of water chemistry, lake morphology, land-use, climate and spatial processes in driving phytoplankton richness in the Danish landscape. Hydrobiologia. 710, 173-187.
- Özkan K, Jeppesen E, Johansson LS, Beklioglu M. 2010. The response of periphyton and submerged macrophytes to nitrogen and phosphorus loadings in warm lakes: a mesocosm experiment. Freshwater Biology, 55, 463-475.