Ph.D. 1991, Port Erin Marine Laboratory (Isle of Man) University of Liverpool, U.K.
M.Sc. 1987, Marine Biology & Fisheries , Institute of Marine Sciences, METU, Turkey
B.Sc. 1983, Biology, Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey
Marine ecology; Marine litter and microplastics; MSFD; Invasive species
-Medal from the intergovernmental Commission on the Protection of the Black Sea Against Pollution (for the accomplishments done towards protecting the Black Sea ecosystem),
-164th place among Turkish scientists ranking by www.webometrics.info/en/node/72 based on GoogleScholar information for May 2015,
-Among the top %20 of best performing member of staff in METU for the years 2001, 2003, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016
(1) Kideys A.E. 2002. Fall and rise of the Black Sea ecosystem. Science 297(5586): 1482-1484.
(2) Kideys A.E., A. Roohi, S. Bagheri, G. Finenko, L. Kamburska 2005. Impacts of Invasive Ctenophores on the Fisheries of the Black Sea and Caspian Sea. Oceanography-Black Sea Special Issue, 18(2):76-85
(3) Eker-Develi E., A. E. Kideys & S. Tugrul 2006. The role of Saharan dust on phytoplankton dynamics in the northeastern Mediterranean. Marine Ecology Progress Series 314: 61-75.
(4) Kideys A.E., A. Roohi, E. Eker-Develi, F. Melin, D. Beare 2008. Increased Chlorophyll Levels in the Southern Caspian Sea Following an Invasion of Jellyfish. Research Letters in Ecology, Volume 2008, Article ID 185642, 4 pages, doi:10.1155/2008/185642.
(5) Güven O, Gökdağ K, Jovanović B, Kıdeyş AE 2017. Microplastic litter composition of the Turkish territorial waters of the Mediterranean Sea, and its occurrence in the gastrointestinal tract of fish. Environmental Pollution 223:286-294.